Connect with us

News

Order EFCC to release my $40m jewellery- Diezani Alison-Madueke tells Lagos court

Published

on

Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, has filed an appeal at the Federal High Court Lagos for the reversal of an interim order secured by the EFCC for the interim forfeiture of her 2,149 pieces of jewellery and a customised gold iPhone all valued at $40m, seized by the antigraft agency last month.

Recall that on July 5th, the agency secured an interim order to confiscate the former Minister’s jewelries and iphone which is believed to be proceeds from acts of corruption perpetrated while she was in office.

In an application filed by her counsel, Professor Awa Kalu, Diezani who is currently in the United Kingdom, accused the EFCC of entering her apartment illegally and taking the items without any court order. She said the anti-graft agency violated her fundamental “right to own property and to appropriate them at her discretion,” under sections 43 and 44 of the Constitution.

She urged the court to reject the prayer by the EFCC to permanently forfeit the jewellery and the gold iPhone to the Federal Government.

According to the court papers, the jewelleries categorised into 33 sets, include “419 expensive bangles; 315 expensive rings; 304 expensive earrings; 267 expensive necklaces; 189 expensive wristwatches; 174 expensive necklaces and earrings; 78 expensive bracelets; 77 expensive brooches; and 74 expensive pendants.”

The former Minister argued that the entry into her apartment by EFCC operatives was illegal as it was without a court order.

Justice Nichola Oweibo adjourned the case till August 29.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Arrest Dogo Gide’s Alleged Ally, 60 Suspected Terrorist Collaborators

Published

on

Nigerian security forces have arrested a suspected terrorist operative allegedly connected to notorious terror figure Dogo Gide, alongside 60 other suspected collaborators in separate operations across the country.

The arrests were recorded between August 12 and 13, 2026, according to a military situation report released in Abuja on Thursday.

In Kaduna State, troops of the 4 Demonstration Battalion reportedly intercepted a suspected ISWAP operative at the Kadage Checkpoint. The suspect was allegedly transporting seven pairs of sewn foreign camouflage uniforms believed to be destined for a terrorist camp.

Military authorities said preliminary questioning indicated that the suspect was a close associate of Dogo Gide and had allegedly been providing logistical assistance to his network.

Items recovered during the arrest included 23 yards of foreign camouflage material, two mobile phones, three ATM cards and an identity card, among other materials.

In Adamawa State, troops from the 226 Battalion, working alongside local hunters, conducted a raid on a motor park in the Gombi area following intelligence reports concerning suspected terrorist collaborators.

The military said some of the suspects were allegedly operating under the cover of menial workers and hawkers. The operation resulted in the arrest of 60 people, who have been detained while investigations continue.

Authorities are expected to establish the identities of those arrested and determine whether they have links to terrorist activities.

The military also reported a significant recovery in Zamfara State, where troops of the 1 Brigade found an RPG bomb during a fighting patrol around Tunga-Jambako in Maradun Local Government Area.

The recovery followed an earlier terrorist ambush in the area. Troops subsequently carried out searches and expanded their presence to prevent further attacks and restrict the movement of suspected terrorists.

In Benue State, troops operating under Operation Whirl Stroke arrested five suspected terrorists during offensive operations around suspected terrorist enclaves in Chito, Jootar and Ikyior, all in Ukum Local Government Area.

The military said the troops destroyed the identified enclaves and recovered two motorcycles and two locally fabricated firearms, among other items.

The report also disclosed that troops in Borno State intercepted five women and seven children believed to be family members of terrorists after they reportedly escaped from the Gazuwa Camp.

Separately, six male children were intercepted at Ajiri after reportedly fleeing Murofari Village, where violent clashes had occurred between rival terrorist groups.

The military said the operations demonstrate its continued reliance on intelligence-led actions to disrupt terrorist logistics, dismantle support networks and restrict the freedom of movement of armed groups across the country.

Continue Reading

News

2,400 Kajiado Pupils to Receive Hygiene Support Under New Programme

Published

on

About 2,400 school-age children and adolescents in Kajiado County, Kenya, are set to benefit from a new programme providing hygiene supplies and education on water, sanitation and hygiene.

The initiative is being implemented in Bisil, where pupils from Inkati and Noontoto primary schools will participate in sessions focused on practical hygiene habits. Beneficiaries will also receive personal hygiene kits to help them put the lessons into practice.

The programme is part of the Clean Futures Alliance, launched in Kenya by Federal Express Corporation (FedEx) and Feed the Children through the FedEx Cares programme.

Beyond classroom education, volunteers from FedEx are participating in the preparation and distribution of the hygiene kits. The approach is designed to ensure that children have access to both information and basic supplies needed to maintain good hygiene.

The intervention comes as communities in Kajiado continue to face challenges related to access to water, sanitation and hygiene services. Schools therefore provide an important platform for reaching children with health information and practical support.

FedEx’s Managing Director of Operations for Sub-Saharan Africa, Nelson Teixeira, said the company’s community-focused work goes beyond its core logistics business and aims to connect communities with resources that can improve their wellbeing.

Feed the Children’s President and CEO, Emily Callahan, also highlighted the wider benefits of hygiene support, noting that access to essential supplies can contribute to children’s health, confidence and ability to remain engaged in school.

The programme is expected to strengthen hygiene awareness among children in Bisil while providing families and schools with practical resources to support healthier daily routines.

Continue Reading

News

Calling Christians ‘Infidels’ Is Dangerous. — Prophet Isa El-Buba

Published

on


Prophet Isa El-Buba, General Overseer of El-Buba Outreach Ministries, has condemned remarks attributed to Islamic cleric Sheikh Yahya Jingir during a political gathering in Kano State.


Jingir reportedly urged Muslims to support Muslim-Muslim political tickets and was also quoted as referring to Christians as “infidels” during an event organised in support of Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf.
Reacting to the remarks, El-Buba criticised what he described as religiously divisive rhetoric, warning that such comments could further deepen tensions in a country already grappling with insecurity, poverty, banditry, drug abuse and displacement, particularly in northern Nigeria.


“Somebody is standing there in your meeting, calling Christians infidels. If Christians should do this, who is going to have a country?” El-Buba asked.
While responding strongly to the alleged remarks, El-Buba said religious leaders should use their platforms to promote peaceful coexistence and unity rather than fuel division along religious lines.


The cleric also highlighted his personal efforts to support Muslims across northern Nigeria, claiming that he had assisted more than 10,000 Muslims with issues including their children’s education, housing and other basic needs, despite not having personal relationships with many of the beneficiaries.
According to El-Buba, Nigeria’s political and religious leaders should prioritise addressing the country’s pressing social and economic challenges rather than using religion as a tool for political or communal division.


His comments have renewed discussions about the responsibility of religious leaders and the potential consequences of public statements that could heighten religious tensions in Nigeria.

Continue Reading

Trending